Update 4.1.4.0, catalog 585 for windows 10 unstable

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

willkiml

Update 4.1.4.0, catalog 585 for windows 10 unstable

Post by willkiml »

Since the automatic update I am unable to see or use any content. In the library, there are pictures loaded of content (e.g., the Book of Mormon) put clicking on the picture does nothing. That is true throughout the library- nothing is opened. The history tab has no content. Even pushing the "feedback" button under "About" does nothing. My Apple app seems normal but Windows 10 is unusable.
The previous update was excellent. Help please. Will
binghambv

Re: Update 4.1.4.0, catalog 585 for windows 10 unstable

Post by binghambv »

I had what looked like a similar problem starting at o/a 20 Feb 2018. My primary symptom was the app was able to sign in but started having errors in during the sync process. It finally got stuck in the downloading/update part of the process. I let it sit a couple of times for 2 or 3 hours, but only had the spinning circle with no visible progress.

I reset the app and selected the option to download 15 common books. Got the spinning wheel again. I gave up after a 20 minute wait with it still saying there was15 items left. I have a really, really fast internet connection. 20 minutes is normally long enough to download multiple gigabytes.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app (version 4.1.24) and when through the same setup questions. This time it only offered to download 12 items. I gave it about 30 minutes while I was doing something else. When I got back to my computer, I saw a Launch button, clicked on it, and it began working. I then manually downloaded a number of favorite items and it has been working fine for the last hour or so.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”