Gospel Library not working in Windows 8.1

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

ToManyLetters

Re: Gospel Library not working in Windows 8.1

Post by ToManyLetters »

It appears that your work's network has been setup in such a way that blocks the application from downloading the app catalog and its content. I'll talk to the development team to see if we can find a way to provide more useful error messages when situations like this occur.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
mabaolra

Post by mabaolra »

I am having the same exact thing happen. Except I am not at work I am at home. I don't know of any thing on my network that would stop it from downloading. We use the app on three other devises on the same network and the only one having the problem is the Window 8. Any suggestions for us?
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Please follow the steps in post #5 at this link and let me know how it works out for you.

https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 00#p136600
mabaolra

Post by mabaolra »

Thanks. I did that but it still wasn't working. Geeksquad helped me find out there was a corruption in the windows store. All other apps were working, but for some reason gospel library wouldn't work through the corruption. They ran a DSIM and it was able to fix the problem. Thanks for all the help in this forum.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Thank you for the follow up and information about what was able to fix your system. This has been an extraordinarily difficult issue to track down as healthy machines aren't affected. I'll look into more about DSIM for future users experiencing this error.
AmeliaCampbell

Re: Gospel Library not working in Windows

Post by AmeliaCampbell »

Having same problem, plus, after uninstalling I could not reinstall. Install page thought it was already installed. I had to delete all files and folders with gospel library in their name. I edited the registry and deleted all keys related to "gospel" (didn't delete the ones for "gospel study"). After restart I was able to re-install the app, but got the same issue. The header shows up and then the whole thing goes away. Event log error message is
"- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2015-05-13T05:47:43.000000000Z

EventRecordID 383578

Channel Application

Computer Lenovayoga3

Security

- EventData

GospelLibrary.UI.exe
554aff70
combase.dll
54503d84
c000027b
001212e1
16e4
01d08d4052bf4f23
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\TheChurchofJesusChristofL.GospelLibrary_2.15.5.60_x86__ae8bh92e13w8t\GospelLibrary.UI.exe
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\combase.dll
9244b4de-f933-11e4-827d-b01041f26b98
TheChurchofJesusChristofL.GospelLibrary_2.15.5.60_x86__ae8bh92e13w8t
App "

If anyone can decipher this error message it would be greatly appreciated by many of us using Windows 8.1.
johngraf

Post by johngraf »

ToManyLetters wrote:Thank you for the follow up and information about what was able to fix your system. This has been an extraordinarily difficult issue to track down as healthy machines aren't affected. I'll look into more about DSIM for future users experiencing this error.
mabaolra wrote:Thanks. I did that but it still wasn't working. Geeksquad helped me find out there was a corruption in the windows store. All other apps were working, but for some reason gospel library wouldn't work through the corruption. They ran a DSIM and it was able to fix the problem. Thanks for all the help in this forum.
jajaskolka wrote:It works for me, and has worked since launch of the app. There are a ton of bugs, that I see. But at least it works.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

If you are still having issues, download the beta version of the application from the Windows Store. We've changed how the app downloads content to work around this bug in Windows.
siamesecougar

Post by siamesecougar »

re: 64 bit Windows 8.1
Observations:

1.) Gospel Library for Windows does not sync my bookmarks. I was reading Isa. Chapters 40 through 43. The Androids have no problem syncing while GL Windows had failed to sync bookmarks.

2.) It did find and present part of my highlighted verses.

3.) I normally read three or four chapters as a time. It took 4 steps to do get to each new chapter. Not certain whether that was intended function.

4.) Using media on the first chapter worked fine, but on the remaining chapters, the play button had a glitch and I pressed it a few times and it finally activated. They pause function showed up after 2 or 3 mouse clicks on Play and then I could press Play and the audio started. On the 3rd chapter, it actually repeated the audio and I hadn't touched it. I read text along with the audio and was surprised when the female voice started again (Chapter 43 of Isa. OT).
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

1.) Gospel Library for Windows does not sync my bookmarks. I was reading Isa. Chapters 40 through 43. The Androids have no problem syncing while GL Windows had failed to sync bookmarks.
If you've had the app installed for quite a while, you may be running into the remnants of an old sync bug. Simply signing out and back into your LDS Account in the app will fix the issue.

2. I'm not sure what the issue is here.

3. Did swiping from chapter to chapter not work? How about clicking the arrows on either side of the screen? Were they nonfunctional, too?

4. Are you using the release version of the app, or the beta?

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”