Organ Line-in

Discussions around meetinghouse sound systems, microphones, assisted listening devices, and translation equipment
StevePoulsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Organ Line-in

Post by StevePoulsen »

russellhltn wrote:
mfmohlma wrote:
Mikerowaved wrote: 'Fraid not. It has some sort of card reader, but no audio line-in that I can find.
Did you look under the keyboards?
I checked the organ in our newest chapel. It's a Johannus, installed about a year ago. It does have line-in (among other things), under the keyboard. But it's mounted flat against the underside of the keyboard where it's hard to see. It's a pair of 1/4" phone plugs.

But since this is a new chapel, it has a nice stereo line in with volume control next to the pulpit. Makes my life easy. Now, if I could get someone to reset the sensitivity of that input to "line". Right now, it's so sensitive that I get full volume if a just crack the volume open.
File an FIR request with the FM group. They will likely have to bring out a contractor to modify the configuration of the Audio Processor, so it may take a few weeks, but it shouldn't be as loud as you describe. There's also a change that the jack is faulty.
Steve Poulsen - Meetinghouse Facilities Technology Engineer
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

I'm curious if a line in can be added to an older organ. We have a 30+ year old chapel where the piano is in the far back corner and acoustically cannot be heard by a choir singing. However, the organ speakers are dead center in the back. If we could simply use those same speakers as a piano monitor for the choir our issues would be solved. With the organ and piano sitting right next to each other it would be simple to plug a mic into the organ. We've used a separate speaker for a piano monitor before but it's a pain to run the microphone to the speaker every time the choir sings. I guess I'll propose this to the FM group.
aaronrsmith

Post by aaronrsmith »

The organ line is line-level, so you would need a pre-amp or small mixer. It is unlikely that an input could be easily retrofitted to an organ not wired for it, and even less likely that FM will entertain the idea at all.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mprusse wrote:I'm curious if a line in can be added to an older organ.
If it doesn't already have one, I doubt if it can be added. But take a look at the underside of the keyboard. You might be pleasantly surprised. It's a location you'd never know about unless you went looking for it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Meetinghouse Audio”