Ordering translator headsets

Discussions around meetinghouse sound systems, microphones, assisted listening devices, and translation equipment
flatleyld

Ordering translator headsets

Post by flatleyld »

Hello,

Our Spanish branch is in need of new headsets, but my FM group claims to have never had the experience of ordering them. I thought they might be on the store.lds.org, but they didn't have it. I questioned them on it and they said "Regarding headsets, unfortunately this item has been suspended and the only information we have is that you should contact Facilities Management group as you already did. Please ask them if they have or can find more information about it."

Is there anywhere else I can go since both of those options (FM group, and store) aren't any help?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Ordering translator headsets

Post by jdlessley »

flatleyld wrote:Our Spanish branch is in need of new headsets, but my FM group claims to have never had the experience of ordering them.
The may not have the experience of ordering them but they do have the catalogs the Church uses for these types of things. A bit of persistence from the stake PFR or even the stake president will help get them motivated to at least look in the catalogs. They may not have the funds for this fiscal year to order them for you. So there are two options. Either the stake can fund the purchase or you can wait for the next fiscal year cycle to get them. Unfortunately the FM group puts in their budget in the spring for the next year. So the earliest you may get something like this in their budget would be next spring for the 2015 fiscal year.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rknelson

Post by rknelson »

Our FM group has ordered them a couple of times. The newer headsets seem to be much more durable than the old ones. If they don't know where to go in the catalog they have contacts they can call to find out where to get them from.
StevePoulsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by StevePoulsen »

flatleyld wrote:Is there anywhere else I can go since both of those options (FM group, and store) aren't any help?
Yes, the FM should contact the MTS team. (he'll know who that is)
flatleyld

Post by flatleyld »

Thank you everyone! The FM group ended up finding an extra box of headsets. I'll remember what you all suggested so I know what to tell them in the future.

Return to “Meetinghouse Audio”