New Access Table missing some leadership roles

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
davehilliard

New Access Table missing some leadership roles

Post by davehilliard »

As the ward clerk, I get requests to print multiple reports for Aux Leaders. I love the new Access Table to see who has what access so I can train them on retreiving info on their own whenever they want. I don't see listed EQ Pres, RS Pres or Sec, etc. Will this ever allow those that have access to MLS to have specific rights when they log in?

thanks
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Where is this "new Access Table" to which you are referring located? In the MLS manual in the section Users and Rights (p 22), sub-section Adding Users, item 8, is a list of user rights and recommendations as to what unit positions should have those rights. But the decision as to who has access to MLS and what rights they will have is the bishop's. The list in the MLS manual is a good starting point for a bishop in making his determination.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jdlessley wrote:Where is this "new Access Table" to which you are referring located? In the MLS manual in the section Users and Rights (p 22), sub-section Adding Users, item 8, is a list of user rights and recommendations as to what unit positions should have those rights. But the decision as to who has access to MLS and what rights they will have is the bishop's. The list in the MLS manual is a good starting point for a bishop in making his determination.
I think davidhilliard is referring to the online Clerk Resources page, which has a link to a table of who has access to what parts of the Online Tools for their callings. Currently, it only lists Bishiprics, Stake Presidencies, Clerks, Executive Secretaries and which tools are available (and which ones are planned).
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Moderator note: The post/thread was in the Community Discussions / General Discussions forum which made it difficult to tell the OP's area of discussion. I must have made the wrong assumption about it being an MLS area of discussion and moved it to the wrong forum. If it is for the Leader and Clerk Resources then the thread will be moved to the Leader and Clerk Resources forum. But until the OP responds it will remain in the General Discussions forum.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

davehilliard wrote:As the ward clerk, I get requests to print multiple reports for Aux Leaders. I love the new Access Table to see who has what access so I can train them on retreiving info on their own whenever they want. I don't see listed EQ Pres, RS Pres or Sec, etc. Will this ever allow those that have access to MLS to have specific rights when they log in?

In the FAQ for Leader and Clerk Resources, it says under What tools and resources are currently available?: "Quorum and auxiliary leaders will also have access to information needed in their callings in the future." No date is mentioned, but it is clear that these leaders will eventually have access (limited to the needs of their callings, of course).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “General Discussions”