Church YouTube channel

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
christiene-p40

Re: Church YouTube Channel

Post by christiene-p40 »

That is indeed one of the best ideas ever although it is a bit risky since there will always be haters in YouTube and anywhere else. But I'm sure having a YouTube Channel can help.
Reliable Business Intranet Provider - HyperOffice.com
opee

Post by opee »

Aaron wrote:I'm just wondering 1) what the Church policy is, and 2) if it would be feasible to have a project in which individual members could help by taking the time to digitize and upload Church-produced content in a way that would be sanctioned by the Church.

Any thoughts?

Here is the link to the Church's Website Rights and Use Policy. You could also email the Intellectual Property Office (their email address is on the link).

I would think that with Elder Ballard's encouragement to use the Internet to share the Gospel, the IP Office might be more open to the idea...
Victor Neves-p40

Inate fear of "blogging beyond the mark."

Post by Victor Neves-p40 »

A couple of different things came together for me on this subject over the weekend. Both have to do with our culture of obedience.

I downloaded "Myths and Legends" from the Church site, intending to share it on youtube, using keyword rich descriptors, but then didn't. It occurred to me that I might lack permission until I reread the article to make sure I had permission - just now. I reread again to make sure that I had things right, then went ahead and posted it. Maybe the language could state things in a more "express permission" kind of way.
On another front, my sister has created a blog consisting mostly of letters from family members we have serving on missions. http://steadfastfaithinchrist.blogspot.com/

When our oldest sister saw it she sent the following advice -
[INDENT]Also, I think it would be good to have some kind of disclaimer, such as "This site is maintained by Penny Freeman for descendants of Glen Tarbet and Gloria Gay Neves, who are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, commonly referred to as "Mormons." This site is completely independent and has no connection with official sites of the Church. Links to official sites are provided for easy reference only. If you have questions or concerns about doctrines of the church, please contact your local missionaries or local unit leaders. These contact numbers may be found at: (site on lds.org).
[/INDENT] So, we're that kind of family, but I don't think we're enormously different from a lot of people who want to share the gospel online. We want to make sure we stay within the order of things. It seems important for the Church communications people to understand our general reticence and help feel like we have permission to sharing information in this arena.

Return to “General Discussions”