Desktop version of mormon channel or mormon apps

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jviola

Desktop version of mormon channel or mormon apps

Post by jviola »

I like what I see on my mobile phone, but I'd like to have the same or similar interface for the desktop. I like to have some of this content for when I teach lessons at home. It is much easier for me to show this on the television than to have everyone gather around and view it on my android phone.

I like the content of the videos on the Mormon channel apps. I'm sure I could probably drill around using Google to find most of them. Some time I just want to listen to the podcast of the Mormon channel.

Is this a possibility or is it already out there somewhere? I do have boxee and how the UnOfficial Mormon channel on it, but the one on my phone has a lot more content.
abebrunson

Re: Desktop version of mormon channel or mormon apps

Post by abebrunson »

I also have been waiting for the same... too bad this has been an active post for 3 years.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

One option is to use an Android emulator such as BlueStacks. This will allow you to install the Android versions of LDS apps such as Mormon Channel and run them on your desktop Windows or Mac computer.
fernandodecarvalhogomes

Post by fernandodecarvalhogomes »

Use the Gospel library in BlueStacks. It is fantastic. It turns out that trying to download the videos, the message appeared "Insufficient storage space". How to solve?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Bluestacks uses 2 GB of internal storage and about 2 GB of SD card storage. Those limits are a function of the program and not of your system's memory or storage capacity. To overcome those limits follow the instructions found in articles such as this one.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “General Discussions”