Online directory and LDS Tools app not working?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

We've eliminated access rights. LDS Account credentialling is eliminated since you can use those credentials to logon to other sites. What about web browsers? Are all those in your bishopric using the same operating system and web browser? What web browser and version are you using?

Are any other ward members other than the bishopric having difficulties in accessing the directory?

---Just trying to narrow down the possible areas to investigate.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Out of curiosity, what happens when you try to sign into the classic LUWS at https://secure.lds.org/units?

You said the stake split, but didn't say if you were in a new stake or an existing one. In the classic LUWS, the stake president had to authorize the ward website. If you attempted to login to the classic LUWS, it would tell you that your stake was not participating. I don't know if something similar has to be done with the new lds.org tools or not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bryanahl

Post by bryanahl »

So, I just tried to log in to the classic website and had no luck, there it says that my user name or password is not registered. This leads me to think that the directory and calendar (still not sure if the calendar is even functional yet as I haven't seen it work) are some how still tied to data used with the old website. If that be the case then it is possible, like Russell mentioned, that our stake hasn't given us rights to use the website?

In the stake split, we did become part of the newly created stake. So, like previously stated, it could be possible that something on the stake level hasn't been activated.

I am on an apple computer and have tried firefox and safari, all current updates/versions. The bishop and other clerks are all on pc's using internet explorer or firefox.

I am not really certain on anyone else in the ward, I did have my wife try with her account and she also could not access the calendar and directory but did have access to all other features that her account permits. Her iphone app also stopped working the same time as mine.

I will check with our stake technology clerk and see if he can look into opening any permissions on the stake level. Thanks for the help thus far and I welcome any further feedback.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bryanahl wrote:So, I just tried to log in to the classic website and had no luck, there it says that my user name or password is not registered.
That's odd.
bryanahl wrote:I will check with our stake technology clerk and see if he can look into opening any permissions on the stake level. Thanks for the help thus far and I welcome any further feedback.

I don't think it's anything under his direct control, but he should be in a position to call Local Unit Support and find out what needs to be done. I do think it's something along the lines of the stake not being completely set up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bryanahl

Post by bryanahl »

I talked with the stake clerk. He said there are a lot of people in the stake having issues, however, not everyone. He has access but the stake president and his counselors do not a have the same access. I guess they have an open ticket with church tech but it has been several weeks now and there still hasn't been any resolution. There is a number of people who do not have any problem accessing all the material but then there are a lot who can't access the old website and the directory.

Interesting how things work out sometimes.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bryanahl wrote:. . . there are a lot who can't access the old website and the directory.

Oddly enough, for a new stake to access the old website, the new stake president has to sign a form and fax it in to CHQ. We had to call and ask about the procedure, and they e-mailed us a form to print out, sign, and fax back. CHQ then activated the site for the new stake. The form tells them that the stake president authorizes using the site, and who the first stake website administrator will be for the classic site.

Be sure to follow up on the faxed form. We faxed it in twice, and they said they never could find it. We worked it out over the phone.

How the new site works, I do not know, other than when our new stake was created, we did nothing and everything worked after a few days.
jbpreston

Post by jbpreston »

I'm getting the same errors and belong to a newly created stake. Many other unit members have the same issues with the directory and calendar. No responses from the feedback channels. this has been going on for 1.5 months.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jbpreston wrote:I'm getting the same errors and belong to a newly created stake. Many other unit members have the same issues with the directory and calendar. No responses from the feedback channels. this has been going on for 1.5 months.
Our experience on these forums in dealing with newly created stakes is under the classic LUWS. We can only guess that the same procedure needs to be followed for the new directory and new calendar - that is the stake president for a new stake must submit a request to participate in the LUWS. I would check with the STS, if one has been called, to check on this.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
meljoefam

Problem authenticating your account - LDS.org people directory and map

Post by meljoefam »

We've been having the same problems, going on two weeks now. We've sent several emails to the support email alias. The response we received indicated that they've received a number of emails about it. That was over a week ago though and the problem still exists. Hope it's resolved soon.

Oh, and we too are part of a new stake and ward.

Joe

bryanahl wrote:Recently the directory on LDS website and the LDS Tools app has stopped working. They are both basically saying that I don't have permission to access this data.

Anyone have any idea what the issue could be? It has sure been a bummer having to start printing out phone lists again. It doesn't appear that I am the only one with the issue in my ward, the bishop, the other counselor, and the Exec Sec, and the clerks are all having the same issue.

Any ideas would be great,

Bryan Ahlberg
aliveinnature

Post by aliveinnature »

I am a bag of emotions now. I am thankful I am not the only one having this problem. I am also a majr stress ball. I have asked for help everywhere can think of and I cannot access the directory or calendar. I was able to a few weeks ago. This is affecting my ability to get information out. Please help.

Jen

Return to “General Discussions”