Some Interesting Statistics

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

thedqs wrote:Cool, so in a way this is the stats for the active membership (which is more helpful then just a complete sample sometimes). Just out of curiosity what do all the moderators/admins use (since they are most likely generating the most requests (minus RusselHtn :D).
I used to use Firefox a lot, but now I'm on IE7. I'm sure I'll jump on Firefox again at some point.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

I use Firefox.

Tom
bhofmann

Post by bhofmann »

thedqs wrote:Cool, so in a way this is the stats for the active membership (which is more helpful then just a complete sample sometimes). Just out of curiosity what do all the moderators/admins use (since they are most likely generating the most requests (minus RusselHtn :D).

I use Firefox almost exclusively. If I come across a site that needs IE, I use the IE tab in Firefox.
BenJoeM-p40

Post by BenJoeM-p40 »

bhofmann wrote:I use Firefox almost exclusively. If I come across a site that needs IE, I use the IE tab in Firefox.

Same here, IE Tab is awesome.
SheffieldTR
Community Moderators

Post by SheffieldTR »

Firefox, but I am playing with Chrome, a little...
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

mkmurray wrote:I used to use Firefox a lot, but now I'm on IE7. I'm sure I'll jump on Firefox again at some point.
Since my last post a while back, I'm now predominately on Chrome.
mamadsen

Post by mamadsen »

I use multiple browsers concurrently for work (cookie issues with the same application running). Though I am a predominately Firefox user, I use Safari for Windows for browsing this forum. I have found that after viewing a post to a thread in a particular forum with Safari, when returning to the main forum page to see the other unread posts, the link for the post I just viewed correctly displays it has been viewed. Other browsers need to have the refresh button clicked to change the link status from bold text (not read) to regular text (read). Anyone else observe this behavior?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

MRK wrote:when returning to the main forum page
How are you returning? The back button? I've never observed that behavior when I "go forward" to get back to the list.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mamadsen

Post by mamadsen »

I have been using the back button. I don't always read the posts in order.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's probably just the way the browsers work. They are retrieving the cached copy. Safari must either re-evaluate the "visit" or refresh the page.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”