Building Passcodes

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
kirtkennedy

Building Passcodes

Post by kirtkennedy »

Our Stake/Ward bldg. is equipped with a "keypad entry system" which requires a passcode number to open the door to the building.
I don't know how many buildings in the church are so equipped.
Since access to specific information is now, or shortly will be, available to members with specific callings would it be possible that these passcodes also be available? The current method of assigning and re-assigning is very cumbersome.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

kirt1 wrote:Our Stake/Ward bldg. is equipped with a "keypad entry system" which requires a passcode number to open the door to the building.
I don't know how many buildings in the church are so equipped.
Since access to specific information is now, or shortly will be, available to members with specific callings would it be possible that these passcodes also be available? The current method of assigning and re-assigning is very cumbersome.

Our stake uses this system and has for years. In response to your question - "Is It Possible?" I would say certainly. Whether or not the church has plans to do so is another question. Personally I doubt if this is in the plans, but I'm guessing as I have no insider knowledge. Since the FM group is responsible for the maintenace of these door systems you could have your high councilor over the building check with them and see what their response is.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “General Discussions”