Minor CSS problem in Gospel Library

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
cdw3423lds

Minor CSS problem in Gospel Library

Post by cdw3423lds »

Not sure if this is where to post this but thought I would at least let people here know of the issue and how to get around it if it is a problem for them.

There is a minor style sheet issue on the print view of lessons. For example lesson 43 for Old Testament has the following style in content.css
#primary .label + p {
display: inline;
}

This is great for the screen view but that style sheet is set for screen only and not print. Because of this it puts the content of list items on a separate line from the item number/letter when you print it. If the content.css style sheet is set for both print and screen then it works great.

You can see this on the following URL I used Fire Bug plug in for Fire fox to change media attribute from "screen" to "all" and it then printed just fine.

http://lds.org/manual/print/old-testame ... l?lang=eng

Chris W
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cdw3423 wrote:Not sure if this is where to post this but thought I would at least let people here know of the issue and how to get around it if it is a problem for them.
Thanks for the report and workaround. However, note that the right people to fix this are not likely to see this post. You should use the Feedback link at the bottom of each page of lds.org to report such problems -- that will make sure that the info gets to the site developers.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “General Discussions”