New Web Site, Ward News

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
omega0401-p40

New Web Site, Ward News

Post by omega0401-p40 »

The new web site looks really great with wonderful improvements. I notice that I can't find the Ward News section like there was in the classic version. I also notice that the classic version has photos removed where they were once posted for the ward to see.

I have posted this to the feedback section of the new site to see if they are going to bring both features back or not or maybe I just didn't look hard enough.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

News will continue to be hosted for the time being at the "Classic" ward website (5th item down on the new "Tools" menu). The pictures have to be re-uploaded to the new directory. Each family can directly upload their own, or clerks and bishopric members can upload photos for others.
omega0401-p40

Post by omega0401-p40 »

The family photos will still be in the new web site in the Directory. I was wondering if we will still be allowed to post photos in the ward news section like we did in the classic one. For instance, photos of a Scout outing, YM/YW combined activity, or photos of a ward baptism etc. along with a brief description of the event. It would be nice if the wards could still do that.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

omega0401 wrote:The family photos will still be in the new web site in the Directory. I was wondering if we will still be allowed to post photos in the ward news section like we did in the classic one. For instance, photos of a Scout outing, YM/YW combined activity, or photos of a ward baptism etc. along with a brief description of the event. It would be nice if the wards could still do that.
The new version of the News and Information section is only on the drawing board as far as I know -- I don't believe any development has actually begun, although it is supposed to be done sometime in 2011. I would guess that photos will be allowed on the new site, but that detail is not clear on the rather sketchy Local Unit News and Information Pages wiki article.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “General Discussions”