Nov 13 Worldwide Leadership Broadcast schedule

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

techgy wrote:I received an Email from my stake president this morning who quoted a recent message from Office of The Seventy stating that recording of the broadcast was OK. In addition it was mentioned that a copy of the training broadcast would be posted.

Well then, good. Those who miss the broadcast will have a chance to view it in all its glory.
lorraine1950

Post by lorraine1950 »

lajackson wrote:You probably conclude correctly.

You may be able to make arrangements with your stake presidency to view the broadcast at a different time.

And, since leaders are always changing, I expect that stake presidencies will be asked to continue regular training from the Handbook as they were counseled at the broadcast training they received when the last edition of the Handbook was released.

And then, there is always the actual reading of the Handbook (on or after November 13th), of course.
Oh, come on now. Actually read the handbook?? That's pretty radical.:D
Can;t help but wonder where we'd be if everyone did read, and follow, the handbook.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

E&LDow wrote:Oh, come on now. Actually read the handbook?? That's pretty radical.:D
Can't help but wonder where we'd be if everyone did read, and follow, the handbook.

Phone call one.
Q1: What should we do about . . . ?
A1: Do you have the Handbook? On page nn it suggests that . . . .

Phone call two.
Q2: Where does it say in the Handbook what we should do about . . . ?
A2: I think you will find it on page nn. Let's see. Yes, there it is. Does that answer your question?

Phone call three.
Q3: I have read what the Handbook says about this and I have a question on how to implement it in our unit.
A3: Based on what the Handbook says, have you considered this approach?

That's how we do Handbook training around here.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

I've been out of leadership callings for about two years now, am an FH consultant so all I use now is Book 2 Section 9, and 16 since I occasionally teach the FH class.

That said, I hope I can offload the audio/video from lds.org so that I better understand how to use them better, no matter what calling I have down the road and what section, or even entire book, I use while in that future calling. Other than that satellite broadcast that stake presidents saw on how to use Book 1 in 2006, this is the first more available training about the use of the Church Handbook of Instructions or its precursors that we have ever had on even a general level. This will be seen as an important event in the history of the Church going forward. I understand by the way, that President Hinckley became the oldest man ever to serve as President of the Church the day he taped his segment for that earlier training on the handbooks. (Source: Church News).

Speaking of the above discussion on using the handbooks, I am one that regularly would refer to the handbook during those leadership meetings that I was in, often just so I would know where the presiding leader or whoever was leading the discussion in the meeting was coming from, or to better understand what it was we were talking about. My opinion is that they are straightforward on almost everything, it's just the situations that come up from time to time that have us wondering about this or that on occasion and in those cases prayer and inspiration given to the leader would solve the rest. I regularly used them in those meetings, always with positive outcomes as to what we should do.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

techgy wrote:I received an Email from my stake president this morning who quoted a recent message from Office of The Seventy stating that recording of the broadcast was OK. In addition it was mentioned that a copy of the training broadcast would be posted.
Yup. I just got a similar email chain - from "Seventy" sent yesterday, to Area Rep, to all the stake presidents, to me.

Odd thing, I had just gotten off the phone confirming with the "Priesthood Department" at CHQ that recording was prohibited. I guess it will take some time for the news to filter out ....
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:Odd thing, I had just gotten off the phone confirming with . . . that . . .
A clear case of Matthew 6:3. [grin]
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The STS How to View instructions on the Satellite program schedule wiki page have now been updated to reflect that recordings are indeed permitted.

The updated notice also mentions that "Internet audio and video archives" will be available on broadcast.lds.org "Beginning Tuesday, November 16, 2010 as languages become available."
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan_Brown wrote:The STS How to View instructions on the Satellite program schedule wiki page have now been updated to reflect that recordings are indeed permitted.

The updated notice also mentions that "Internet audio and video archives" will be available on broadcast.lds.org "Beginning Tuesday, November 16, 2010 as languages become available."
Thanks Alan
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
farwest

Friday viewing Worldwide Training

Post by farwest »

Our Stake President was wondering if it would be ok to schedule it for Friday because Saturday meetings are not attended as well as Friday meetings. That be said the letter says specifically Saturday but it has Friday broadcast schedule on it.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

farwest wrote:Our Stake President was wondering if it would be ok to schedule it for Friday because Saturday meetings are not attended as well as Friday meetings. That be said the letter says specifically Saturday but it has Friday broadcast schedule on it.
The viewing time is entirely up to the local leadership.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “General Discussions”