New Church Handbook of Instructions 2010?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

November 2010 Worldwide Leadership Training

Post by jonesrk »

JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Found a technical snarl already on the page for the audio/video. The audio link for 'Ward Council Model' does not work. Returns an error if clicked on to listen, won't download if you try to do that either due to the same reason.
russelljd

Post by russelljd »

JamesAnderson wrote:Found a technical snarl already on the page for the audio/video. The audio link for 'Ward Council Model' does not work. Returns an error if clicked on to listen, won't download if you try to do that either due to the same reason.
This has been fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.
Sryland-p40

Post by Sryland-p40 »

russelljd wrote:This has been fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.
While we're talking about errors, the contents page for handbook 2 that was linked above is titled: "Church Adminstation Handbook"
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Turned up another technical glitch, this time on the handbook itself.

The page for 17.2 when the link for it is clicked returns the content from the page for 17.1. However, the link and page for 17.1 is linked and showing properly.
hpaulsen

LDS Site Development Guide

Post by hpaulsen »

Section 21.1.22 seems interesting to me. It references a "LDS Site Development Guide" that can be accessed by performing a search on lds.org. However, neither a search on lds.org nor on new.lds.org returned any relevant results....

Edit: Also "Internet Usage Helps for Members". These both appear in the "Recommended Results" box but link to the home page with a (placeholder?) url of lds.org/pages/internet-usage-helps or lds.org/pages/lds-site-development-guide and reference the handbook below the link.
nihonjin

Post by nihonjin »

Has anyone manged to find a pdf version of HB2?

thanks.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

I would also be pleased to see Handbook 2 available through the Gospel Library App. I am living a paper-free life as much as possible when I go to church.
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

What a great leadership conference and very inspired new handbooks.

I love the new (emphasised) focus and I keep noticing small wonderful changes.

You can rarely go wrong if you study it, apply it and follow it spiritually.
idjeeper2

Post by idjeeper2 »

I really enjoyed the training and am getting into the books - love the focus on family and individuals. And using the councils that are established.

While I was watching the broadcast I kept thinking many of these messages would be great for every member to see. And..... there they are for every member to see on the web. Fantastic!

I also enjoyed seeing a little bit different side of the participants in the panel discussion - inspired, no doubt, but not quite as formal and polished as General Conference.

The broadcast is something I will return to many times as I seek more understanding. Can't wait for more in February!

I too would like to see a mobile version of Book 2.

Return to “General Discussions”