YSA Photo Directory

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
csmayfield

Post by csmayfield »

Here's our ward's solution for printing photo directories:

https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... ry-scripts
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

It would also be nice for the clerks and other "directory coordinators" who may be called to have a better tool for uploading multiple photos without the dialog boxes to accept terms and for those of us in a YSA ward the need to upload the same picture twice for each individual. It certainly is a chore to do the work when the general membership does not submit their own photos or priesthood leaders have directed individuals to mass update the online tool.
paulw

Post by paulw »

GreenwoodKL wrote:... and for those of us in a YSA ward the need to upload the same picture twice for each individual. It certainly is a chore to do the work when the general membership does not submit their own photos or priesthood leaders have directed individuals to mass update the online tool.

Agreed. I've been quite baffled with the poor ease of use when working with the directory. When I upload a picture and attribute it to the individual (and not the household) then the picture shows us just fine when browsing the list of callings but it doesn't show up on the photo directory. And vice versa when I set the photo to be for the household (instead of the individual) it shows up in the photo directory but not in the list of callings. Perhaps I'd understand it better if I were in a family ward.

Either way uploading photos is really really slow and I'd rather not have to upload the same file twice.
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

My understanding is that the current photo directory shows household photos and household information for phone/address/etc...
My understanding is that the callings list utilizes individual photos and individual information for phone/address/etc...

Therefore in our YSA ward we have to upload the same picture twice to both individual and household as well as maintain synchronization between household and individual contact information.

Therefore in a family ward I would assume clerks should ensure that household and individual photos as well as household and individual contact information are all updated to properly populate both photo directories and callings lists.

Return to “General Discussions”