Cybersecurity Bill

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
hg4144

Cybersecurity Bill

Post by hg4144 »

Does anyone have an idea of how the "CyberSecurity Bill" will affect software being developed by Church members?

How will this bill stifle software development and curtail our freedom to discuss topics as we do -- since anyone discussing the Constitution and Freedom are labeled as subversives and enimies of the State.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

If there are bills with a title like this in different countries, the impact would vary by country. I would suggest it would help to mention which country's bill is in question. Otherwise, confusion could result.

I would also suggest being careful to keep discussion within the scope of this forum, which is the use of technology in the Church. If the thread digresses into venting about things political, there might be pressure from moderators/administrators to close or delete the thread.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

I beg your pardon, maybe I don't understand well the topic but my curiousity win always.
"CyberSecurity Bill" is a USA law?
If yes (as I understand) the question posed by myldslinks is not trivial.
What I don't understand is: Wich aspect of software is involved?
In other words. Why developers member's software would be involved?
I think this isn't a political but technical issue.
It's also correct to say that this situation is different for each country.
I'll check if in Italy there's something like that.
I'll inform you.
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

myldslinks wrote:Does anyone have an idea of how the "CyberSecurity Bill" will affect software being developed by Church members?

How will this bill stifle software development and curtail our freedom to discuss topics as we do -- since anyone discussing the Constitution and Freedom are labeled as subversives and enimies of the State.
We cannot speak officially for the brethren and this subject is one that's best responded by someone at an official level. I would recommend that any further responses be held and perhaps we can get someone at an official level to response. Anything further is simply speculation.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “General Discussions”