iPhone Scriptures App Project

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
garysturn

Post by garysturn »

jbh001 wrote:Just for clarification, I assume you are referring to the iPhone OS 3.2 SDK (Software Developer Kit) which currently only works for the iPad, not the iPhone or iPod Touch. The current iPhone OS is still at version 3.1.2.
That is correct.

I am assuming that with a Scriptures App in development for the iPhone OS and with the new larger screen devices coming out in 60 days that it would be wise for the App in development to be flexible enough to take advantage of multiple screen sizes.

I have heard rumors that the iPhone OS will someday support several different screen sizes for portable and desktop devices. I have seen rumors that Apple has ordered 5", 7", and 22" touch screens for future products. You can not rely on rumors for product development, but there is a 9.7" iPad already announced so a App with multiple font sizes that would scale to different screen sizes would be a smart choice.

I realize that all iPhone App's will already work on the new device but with some optimization they could take better advantage of multiple screen sizes rather than just have larger print on the bigger screen.

What do others think?
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct

Return to “General Discussions”