Need Conference Call Solution

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
BrentDSmith-p40

Need Conference Call Solution

Postby BrentDSmith-p40 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:56 pm

Our Stake will be hosting a regional event next year. 16 Stake presidencies will need to conference twice monthly. I've found some commercial businesses that provide conference call services at approx. 5 cents per caller/per minute, or about $45/hour for our planned conferences.

Are there any church provided resources for this purpose, or any recommendations?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:27 pm

BrentDSmith wrote:Our Stake will be hosting a regional event next year. 16 Stake presidencies will need to conference twice monthly. I've found some commercial businesses that provide conference call services at approx. 5 cents per caller/per minute, or about $45/hour for our planned conferences.

Are there any church provided resources for this purpose, or any recommendations?

On the clerk.lds.org site there is a helpful article on LDS Audio Conferencing - Local Units.

chrissv

Postby chrissv » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:33 pm

I've had success with getting a number and access code for free from http://www.freeconferencecall.com/
It really is free. The only downside is that the access number is not a toll-free number, so there would be expenses incurred by the participants depending on the individual long-distance plans they may have.

mfmohlma

Postby mfmohlma » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:49 am

chrissv wrote:It really is free.

Somebody has to pay for it, so you may want to be aware of how this service is paid for.

Return to “General Discussions”