Linger Longer

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Linger Longer

Post by lajackson »

gasedrick wrote:When I was called to be a Bishop, I asked the question of my stake president and he instructed me that linger longers were no longer to be held.
I am not aware that there has been any official letter from Church headquarters on the subject. Perhaps your stake president received some guidance from his area authority.

In any event, although they are not called by that name, they are alive and well in some areas of the Church, and they do not exist in others. I believe the holding of these activities would be at the discretion of the bishop under the direction of his stake president.
NYGaPeach

Post by NYGaPeach »

I remember a letter being read a number of years ago. Linger Lingers were only approved for Single Wards/Branches.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

If you remember such a letter from HQ this means that "USA poeple" are not allow to linger longer after Church.
Here in Italy such a letter is never arrived. This is so true that even the military unit (USA Army) is used to do "linger longer" once a month!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't remember any such letter either. My (family) ward used to do Linger Longers. I think the reason they stopped is the person organizing it left.

The point is, no one has found anything in current policy/letters about it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dahandly@msn.com

Post by dahandly@msn.com »

I just feel in my heart that it is not appropriate to set up tables and chairs, to make a mess, for children to be running around in the church, to sweep, to do dishes, to put up tables and chairs on the Sabbath! The Spirit speaks very clearly to me. Those things are wonderful on another day of the week! But not on the Sabbath.

Return to “General Discussions”