Setting Meeting Times

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
lhblair
New Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:44 pm
Location: Wake Forest, NC

Setting Meeting Times

Postby lhblair » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:49 am

Our ward meeting times are changing on 9/6/09 and we've been successful in listing all of the new meeting times on our website with the exception of Sacrament meeting. I went into the MLS System setup and changed the time in there but it isn't reflected on our website. What do I need to do to get our new Sacrament meeting time updated on our ward website?

User avatar
mkmurray
Senior Member
Posts: 3241
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: Utah
Contact:

Postby mkmurray » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:02 am

lblair wrote:Our ward meeting times are changing on 9/6/09 and we've been successful in listing all of the new meeting times on our website with the exception of Sacrament meeting. I went into the MLS System setup and changed the time in there but it isn't reflected on our website. What do I need to do to get our new Sacrament meeting time updated on our ward website?

Be sure to give it at least a few days to update. The information from MLS does have to trickle over to the Ward Websites system. But that should be the right procedure for updating Sacrament Meeting times on LUWS.
Many questions are already answered on the LDSTech wiki. Check it out!

techgy
Community Moderators
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: California

Postby techgy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:21 am

lblair wrote:Our ward meeting times are changing on 9/6/09 and we've been successful in listing all of the new meeting times on our website with the exception of Sacrament meeting. I went into the MLS System setup and changed the time in there but it isn't reflected on our website. What do I need to do to get our new Sacrament meeting time updated on our ward website?


Be sure you do a Send/Receive in the MLS software to post the changes to the church servers :D
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

vroberts-p40
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:50 am

Postby vroberts-p40 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:38 am

Your meeting time should change on the website within a week. If it doesn't change then please contact Local Unit Support so we can determine why the LUWS wasn't updated.

zaneclark
Senior Member
Posts: 907
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Contact:

Postby zaneclark » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:18 pm

vroberts wrote:Your meeting time should change on the website within a week. If it doesn't change then please contact Local Unit Support so we can determine why the LUWS wasn't updated.


It has been over 4 weeks since the meeting time was changed on the MLS and it still hasn't changed on the web site... Should I be concerned?

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14688
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:44 pm

zaneclark wrote:It has been over 4 weeks since the meeting time was changed on the MLS and it still hasn't changed on the web site... Should I be concerned?


I don't know if you should be concerned, but it's now time to call Clerk Support to ask what is happening.

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6131
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Postby lajackson » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:43 pm

vroberts wrote:Your meeting time should change on the website within a week. If it doesn't change then please contact Local Unit Support so we can determine why the LUWS wasn't updated.


I had forgotten about this. I guess I am being too patient. I will call about three units on Monday that were changed in mid October. Thanks. [grin]

zaneclark
Senior Member
Posts: 907
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Contact:

Postby zaneclark » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:00 am

Alan_Brown wrote:I don't know if you should be concerned, but it's now time to call Clerk Support to ask what is happening.

Is the number for Member and Statistical Records Department support the same place as Clerk Support?

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14688
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:17 pm

zaneclark wrote:Is the number for Member and Statistical Records Department support the same place as Clerk Support?


For most issues, you should call Clerk Support -- they are your first line of assistance. They can help you with most membership and financial issues; if they need to bring in additional resources, they will connect you with the appropriate department.

tmcgregor-p40
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:26 pm

Setting Meeting Times (hard for student wards)

Postby tmcgregor-p40 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:39 pm

I serve in a university single student ward and I don't understand why our ward website meeting time listing must be sourced from the MLS or why it takes weeks for it to change after we make the change:confused:? Because our student wards frequently combine between semester breaks and during the summer we need to be able to affect changes quickly. How about a little more administrative privilege? The additional meeting time field updates immediately when the field is submitted by the administrator but trying to change the posted time that is pulled from the MLS is really frustrating.


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest