Radiostations/tv stations

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
MayaML

Radiostations/tv stations

Post by MayaML »

I enjoy BYU international radio very much, but I miss a finnish/norwegean speaking station. For a long time I have wanted to make an internett station both for good familyfilms and LDS films and also a radiostation in finnish/norwegean. Unfortunately I am not a rich person and can not pay a lot of money every month to broadcast music and speaches or live interviews in FINNISH. I know finnish population is not so big, but if we could get the radio, maybe many would become interested in the church, as they could listen to LDS things at home.
All finnish learn languages in school, but that does not mean they know enough English to follow English stations. I was thinking that when a speach is heard in BYU radio a finnish station could send a translation of it, or an other speach, that has a tanslation if that one does not have a tranaslation. Or to have the speaches so, that one can choose a speach to hear or music or ....
Any good ideas what I could do?
jachristensen-p40

Love it!

Post by jachristensen-p40 »

As a former Finnish Missionary and a broadcaster I'd love to figure out a way to do this!!!
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

I hope BYU TV International can be, a day, released in finnish/norwegean. In Brazil we have a big problem: The channel is available in our language but we don't have any companies interested in sold the channel with his TV packs. Only Church members with a satelite antenna can see the channel in home (outside internet, of course).
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

Moretti I can imagine it might be like that with TV here too.. that is why I would go for internett as Finland is one of the most tecnical countries in the world (you could say everybody owns a computer). A few years ago it had the largest broadband internett in the world.
I also would love to have a GOOD station for music.. even pop as you really cant listent o any popstations today without blushing. A sation where the discjockey and intervieweres would have something good to say people and not everytime ending up to sex, drinking, religion negativity and empty talk. Some uplifting messages could change the attitude of a whole nation if such a radio station just could be opened. But there are strict laws about opening a radiostation in Finland (internett is free) that is why I been doubting to do that. It also costs a lot... but many religious groups have their own stations. I would love to have one, where I play also popmusic not only LDS, there are some playable popsongs that are/have been popular. (But as a forighner I do miss double meanings sometimes and the language do not hit me as bad as it does to an English speaking person).
JC :) When were you in Finland as a missionary and where? I been in Espoo, Helsinki 2 and Mikkeli and after 89 mostly in summertime.
Anyway I am interested in doing something about this if someone tells me what to do. I was googling "internetradio" and found out that I could even do that in the beginning from home with the material I have on my computer... but as I play music I`d have to pay, what ever it was called, for it ... but since I, at the moment, am unemployed... I dotn have the $$ and if I get a job I may not have energy to do anything more than the job.
And besides I have no education on the subject... :p
But I sure would love to....

Return to “General Discussions”