Missionary vs Ward Missionary

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

rexgj wrote:I may have do it by going back and changing the individual donations, but that seems like a big pain, since this issue for us, has existed for at least a couple of years.
I would personally go back and change at least the current year's donations to the correct category, then use Alan's helpful suggestion in resolving prior years. It may not be necessary, but that's what I would do.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rexgj

Post by rexgj »

Just a followup and correction on this issue. The finance clerk training says to write a check to the ward from one category, and deposit it into the other. I was nervous about this, and didn't really see how that would work. So I called Church Finance in SLC, and no, it cannot be done that way. There instructions are to go back into the "Reconcile" screens and change any "Missionary" items to "Ward Missionary"; it only took a few minutes and worked like a charm. When I was finished, the "Missionary" category disappeared from the Income and Expense Report, it just wasn't there anymore, because it was zeroed out.

To get a report on where all the "Missionary" problem are, go to Income and Expense Report, select "All" from the menu, then "Details," then click on "Missionary" and hit enter; all the "Missionary" problem appear and you can print it out and work from that page.

Return to “General Discussions”