Record of temple visits

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
loganreidc

Record of temple visits

Post by loganreidc »

I’m a clerk in my unit and another member asked me if the Church keeps record of how often someone goes to the temple. I replied that I didn’t think so but I’d double check. She was just wondering if she could see what temples she’s been to and when.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Record of temple visits

Post by rmrichesjr »

All I have is a semi-educated guess, but (personally) I highly doubt it. The semi-educated part of the guess comes from a second-hand anecdote from an earlier stake I lived in. At stake conference, the stake leaders informed the visiting authority of the counts of temple visits by stake members during the previous month(s). The visiting authority asked how the stake leaders got those numbers. The stake leaders replied that they collected the numbers on either priesthood meeting or Relief Society rolls or had the home/visiting teachers or quorum/RS leaders ask the members. Reportedly, the visiting authority told the stake leaders to repent and not do it again.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's possible it's being tracked for statistical purposes, but it's not information accessible to the local units. Even if it was being tracked now, I doubt if it was tracked in the era before barcoded temple recommends. (Or, at least the gap period between magstripe and barcodes.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

There's no way for a member to see their history of temple attendance using the Church's systems.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
loganreidc

Post by loganreidc »

Thank you for your replies.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The Church keeps a detailed count of how many ordinances are performed in temples, but names are not included in that record.

Return to “General Discussions”