14- 18 Year old Young Men's Camping guidelines before Jan 1, 2020

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
lehiman

14- 18 Year old Young Men's Camping guidelines before Jan 1, 2020

Post by lehiman »

We are complying the church request to register all of our YM 11-17 (unless a young man and his parent specifically requests that he not be registered) and their leaders with the BSA through the end of 2019
1 - Is this still the current directive? I believe that everything I have seen indicates that it is still the current directive and has not ended.

As all of our leaders and YM are registered with the BSA we have been following the BSA Guide to Safe scouting guidelines such as requiring the YM (even if they are 14 or older) and leaders to complete BSA health forms for camping and high adventure activities. (Parts A & B for all campouts less than 72 hours and not involving "High adventure" activities, and Parts A, B, & C for camps 72 hours or longer and any "high adventure" activities.
2 - Is this still the current directive? I believe that everything I have seen indicates that it is still the current directive and has not ended.
davesudweeks

Re: 14- 18 Year old Young Men's Camping guidelines before Jan 1, 2020

Post by davesudweeks »

I don't think anything has changed since the announcement. If I recall correctly, that announcement stated we would fully participate in BSA and Cub Scouts programs (as defined in the church handbooks - the church does not exactly follow the scout program in some respects, tiger cubs, etc). through 2019. That tells me nothing changes for this year - it should all be the same as in previous years. There will be a different program beginning Jan 1 which we should have details of within a few months. In my ward, we are struggling as we have 3 wards using a combined cub scout group and some of the leaders in other wards are trying to shut-down and coast through the end of the year...

Return to “General Discussions”