General Conference WAV Files

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
tduabna

General Conference WAV Files

Post by tduabna »

Is there a way to access higher quality audio files than the MP3's available to download on each General Conference talk's page on lds.org (or soon to be churchofjesuschrist.org)? I'm hoping to find WAV files or some other high quality audio file.

In a similar vein, is there a way to access a cleaner copy of Conference audio? It seems to me that there's always too much reverb in General Conference audio. I get that it builds the effect that the speakers are talking to a huge room, but I wish I could listen to the talks without the echos, coughs, sneezes, and general low bustle of the conference center. I mean, I may be wrong, but I doubt that the microphone in front of the speaker isn't picking up all of that extra stuff.
g.egroeg

Re: General Conference WAV Files

Post by g.egroeg »

As far as the general noises from the crowd. Yeah, that little microphone probably isn't picking up all that sound. I'm guessing it's the mics for the choir that is picking up the sounds from the choir members, not the audience.
gregwanderson

Re: General Conference WAV Files

Post by gregwanderson »

It looks like the church still sells audio CDs of General Conference. Have you compared the audio of the downloaded MP3 files to the audio of the CDs?

Return to “General Discussions”