sealing cancellation

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
colbyj

sealing cancellation

Post by colbyj »

If a wife applies for and gains a sealing cancellation after a divorce, does the husband then need to do additional paperwork in order to be sealed to a new wife?
I am a Bishop assisting a sister in my ward complete an application to gain a sealing cancellation.

Her ex-husband responded to the letter I sent to him (generated as part of the application) asking me, "the last paragraph of your letter states, 'The cancellation of a sealing does not constitute a sealing clearance for a man.' Does this mean I (the ex-husband) need to make a separate request to have my sealing to [name] cancelled so I can be sealed to my [new] wife?"

Appreciate guidance on what my response to him should be.
Thank you
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: sealing cancellation

Post by russellhltn »

I believe Handbook 1: 3.7.1.2, third paragraph gives you the answer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
colbyj

Re: sealing cancellation

Post by colbyj »

Thank you

Return to “General Discussions”