Question about an LDS.org Music Transposing tool I can't find anymore.

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
mnsouth

Question about an LDS.org Music Transposing tool I can't find anymore.

Post by mnsouth »

I used to be able to access the above tool on LDS.org, for transposing (and changing the tempo) on Hymns in the Hymnal and Songs in the Children's Songbook.

I can't find it anymore.
There are still instructions on a Help section on LDS,org (www.lds.org/music/help?lang=eng&_r=1) that show a shot of what I used to see. The topic section is Playing Music—Play and Stop Controls, which is near the end of the document. See Attachment.
The tool is right after the explanation that says :
Music Player
This interactive music player allows you to view, listen to, transpose, and print the Church hymns and children’s songs. Once you have selected a song and it is displayed, you can choose to listen to one or more of the singing parts, speed up or slow down the tempo, or change to a higher or lower key. This feature will also allow you to print the music in another key. On the bottom of the right panel, you will find a list of the languages for which a particular piece is available and where the piece is located in its corresponding hymnbook. I hope it is still accessible.
I really need to find this tool.
Can you help me find it ?
Thank You in Advance.
Marilyn
Attachments
Question about an LDS.org Music Transposing tool I can't find anymore.odt
(69.7 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Question about an LDS.org Music Transposing tool I can't find anymore.

Post by TimRiker »

The player requires Flash in your browser. You can check for Flash here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

TimRiker wrote:The player requires Flash in your browser. You can check for Flash here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
In many browsers, flash is part of the browser and subject to security settings. I can only get it to work sometimes in Chrome. And I don't seem to be able to change the settings or add the website to "allowed sites".

However, even then, it seems to be playing a recording. In order to adjust tempo and transpose, I'd think it would have to be a MIDI player. I'm not having any luck finding anything like that on the site.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

You can find the Interactive player at https://www.lds.org/music/library/hymns?lang=eng , click on a hymn title and if the flash player is enabled and allowed to run you will see the player
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kd7mha wrote:You can find the Interactive player at https://www.lds.org/music/library/hymns?lang=eng , click on a hymn title and if the flash player is enabled and allowed to run you will see the player
But the OP is asking about a player that has both a transposing and tempo function. I didn't either function there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

russellhltn wrote:
kd7mha wrote:You can find the Interactive player at https://www.lds.org/music/library/hymns?lang=eng , click on a hymn title and if the flash player is enabled and allowed to run you will see the player
But the OP is asking about a player that has both a transposing and tempo function. I didn't either function there.
When you click on a hymn title, it will open that hymn (using Flash player) with a header bar with key change and tempo change options. I used Firefox to open it, since Chrome, Edge, and iOS do not allow Flash player to run.
Attachments
hymn player.png
(19.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nmecantwin73 wrote:When you click on a hymn title, it will open that hymn (using Flash player) with a header bar with key change and tempo change options. I used Firefox to open it, since Chrome, Edge, and iOS do not allow Flash player to run.
Excellent!

Chrome is supposed to ask if Flash should be allowed to run, but it doesn't. And I haven't found a way to add a domain to sites that are allowed to run Flash.

LauraPenaRiveron

Post by LauraPenaRiveron »

:(
It is no longer possible to use the Hymns Player as before? The last time I used it to separate the voices was in November 2019 and now it is only possible to play the hymn. I updated FLASH, I tried to open it in FIREFOX and Chrome without success. Any other suggestion?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

LauraPenaRiveron wrote:It is no longer possible to use the Hymns Player as before? The last time I used it to separate the voices was in November 2019 and now it is only possible to play the hymn. I updated FLASH, I tried to open it in FIREFOX and Chrome without success. Any other suggestion?
I just tried it and there are two players at the Music Player page. The default is just the music. Scroll down the page to find the Switch Player button and click it to get the interactive Flash version. As mentioned earlier in this thread the Flash version either requires a browser with built in Flash. Or if you use a browser that does not have Flash built in you must have Flash installed on your computer.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
LauraPenaRiveron

Post by LauraPenaRiveron »

Great! Thanks a lot!!

Return to “General Discussions”