LDS Tools vs LDS.org

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
zaneclark

LDS Tools vs LDS.org

Post by zaneclark »

This is the explanation I am planning on posting in my weekly ward newsletter... Does it explain it enough that most could understand it?

" LDS.org has been around for many years, in one form or another. It has not only all the wonderful information such as conference talks, but it is also where any changes in membership information and callings and releases are recorded. A few years ago, tech people developed an application called LDS Tools. (Notice that it is an application, NOT a website.) In order to get all of that wonderful information, it needs to grab it from LDS.org periodically via syncing. When you sync, you are getting all the latest contact and other information. What does all this mean? It means you do not need LDS Tools to access contact information and information on callings and releases. It is always available on LDS.org when you sign in with your LDS Account. Losing Tools for a few days isn’t the end of the world, just a little inconvenient. "
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Tools vs LDS.org

Post by russellhltn »

We managed to survive the first 150 years without LDS Tools....

I can't imagine what the handcart pioneers would have to say to those who claim they can't do their calling without computers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”