High Priests Group Leadership Meeting agenda sheet...

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
cdawardclerk-p40

High Priests Group Leadership Meeting agenda sheet...

Post by cdawardclerk-p40 »

I have a new calling as the first assistant to our High Priest Group as well as being newly ordained as a High Priest. I have never conducted a meeting and was wondering if someone might have a template to use to structure an agenda for our meetings. I have gone to the CHI Book 2, Section 1, Melchizedek Priesthood booklet for help with identifying those items that are recommended to be included in an agenda. I suppose I could design a word processor document to handle this but was curious if someone with more experience might have a suggested format or document template that I could look at for ideas or use. Thank you.
dmaynes

Post by dmaynes »

cdawardclerk wrote:I have gone to the CHI Book 2, Section 1, Melchizedek Priesthood booklet for help with identifying those items that are recommended to be included in an agenda. I suppose I could design a word processor document to handle this but was curious if someone with more experience might have a suggested format or document template that I could look at for ideas or use.
I will be glad to share some ideas.
1- The agenda should be flexible and adapted to the members of the HP Group Leadership.
2- It should help you organize and plan the priesthood work.
2a- Home Teaching Assignments
2b- Home Teaching Interviews
2c- Correlation items for the Priesthood Executive Committee - These would be any particular items of concern or assignments that have been given to the High Priests by the PEC.
2d- Temple Assignments
2e- Lesson schedule and who is teaching
3- The handbooks suggest that Priesthood Committees are an important resource. So the agenda should provide for coordination efforts of priesthood committees. The committees that you organize should be named. There is a lot of latitude and flexibility in this area, so consider whether committees will be organized and which ones are needed.
4- You should always review assignments and action items that have been made previously. Minutes of the meeting can help with identifying these.
5- Besides the prayers, it's a good idea to have a spiritual thought.
6- The agenda should allow for new items to be brought and discussed in the meeting.
cdawardclerk-p40

Post by cdawardclerk-p40 »

Thanks for your suggestions...I think I have a handle on what needs to appear on an agenda sheet.

Return to “General Discussions”