Mass Notifications texts, emails, etc.

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
kpraeger

Mass Notifications texts, emails, etc.

Post by kpraeger »

It seems like a standardized mass notification system should be created where any member can easily send out mass messages and the receiving members can control their notification preferences through the app. Maybe this could be part of the existing LDS Tools app, or perhaps our Church could partner with one of the major providers for mass notifications like many of our schools use. It would be nice that a standardized notification system could be developed, instead of each ward or organization using a variety of notification methods (like remind app, emails, group texts, phone calls, etc.) which vary greatly depending on the individuals involved at the time. It would be great if we could have a standardized way to do it across our organization. This could be a great tool in emergencies too. I'm a techie, and I'd be happy to provide input and help build something like this.

Has something like this been thought of before, or maybe it's in the works and I just don't know?
tonyamariedugan

Re: Mass Notifications texts, emails, etc.

Post by tonyamariedugan »

Has the mass email capability been removed from LDS.org? I serve as the Relief Society Secretary in our ward and I typically send our RS Newsletter to our ward RS members each month and this month when I went to send the email, my email button was no longer on the screen. Can you please help?
bsglover

Post by bsglover »

I have the same question. I am the ward Just Serve coordinator and was able to send out a group email two weeks ago, but cannot find the same method now. What needs to be done?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Yes, it has been removed in the new directory. When you select the "Organization" tab in the new directory it gives this slide out message:
E-mailing and viewing lists of members within organizations is now only available to leaders in Leader and Clerk Resources, please contact your organization's leader for assistance.
jenythornton

Post by jenythornton »

Hello, I am the stake RS president and would like to send out on occasion a mass email to all RS sisters stake wide. Is there a way to do this from the website? I can see the list of all of the sisters in the stake with phone# and emails, but I don't see a way to push those to an email.

In my LDStools app I can see that I have the ability to send out an email to the entire stake, but I would like to just sent it to the women. Any hints would be appreciated.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The only mass e-mail capability for select groups is found in Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) Send a Message tool. The problem with that tool is it does not comply with the privacy settings and sends to all members of the group with an e-mail address.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “General Discussions”