Changing meeting times

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
zaneclark

Changing meeting times

Post by zaneclark »

We attend a multi ward building as do all the wards in our stake, and last year we started the meeting start time shuffle in August instead of January. We were told this was to match the school year. I assumed this was a church wide directive but just talked to my daughter and she said their stake still changed in January. Has anyone heard anything about this from Sat Lake or is this just our stake trying something new?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Changing meeting times

Post by russellhltn »

News to me. We're shuffling in January.

I'm not sure what the logic is in matching the school year unless it's a student ward/stake.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I have always lived where the change was made in January. Many (most?) student wards/branches change in August/September. In some countries (I do not know which ones) everyone changes at another time of the year because it makes more sense based on local customs or norms.

In one of our buildings, the last unit always meets last and the other two swap morning times each year.

When I lived in Las Vegas they had year-round public school schedules, so we just did the normal January change. But I can see where a late summer change would not be a problem.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

lajackson wrote:In one of our buildings, the last unit always meets last and the other two swap morning times each year.
We used to have a singles branch meeting in our building. I always thought it a bit funny that our Singles were unable to deal with meeting time changes so the Stake directed the two family wards to rotate morning and afternoon times while the singles stayed in the middle slot...
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Our stake center had three wards meeting at 0900, 1100, and 1300. The YSA ward always met at 1300, and the family wards alternated the 0900 and 1100 start times.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “General Discussions”