Young Women's

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
emmanewton

Young Women's

Post by emmanewton »

I have read the new guidelines for Young Women's for 2019. It read that we have a brief welcome, announcements then start lessons. Does any one know, if we still have to say the Young Women's theme as well ? Thank you
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Young Women's

Post by russellhltn »

I asked Google and this is what it came up with:
Church Announces 2019 Mutual Theme for Youth
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

emmanewton wrote:I have read the new guidelines for Young Women's for 2019. It read that we have a brief welcome, announcements then start lessons. Does any one know, if we still have to say the Young Women's theme as well ? Thank you
Absent of specific direction from the church, I think a better source for your answer would be your bishop and/or stake Young Women's president.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

emmanewton wrote:if we still have to say the Young Women's theme as well ?
Oops. I misread that to say if you still have a theme, not that you still have to say the theme.

Handbook 2: 10.1.2 indicates the requirement. I doubt if the recent changes is enough to disrupt that part of the Handbook.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

emmanewton wrote:Does any one know, if we still have to say the Young Women's theme as well ?
Although Young Women classes will meet individually, I see no reason not to say the YW theme twice a month. I believe the value of doing so far outweighs the fact that it will take less than a minute to do so.

If there is to be a change, I believe Handbook 2 would be updated, and before that the Young Women general presidency will weigh in with instructions. I expect that there will be guidance before the end of the year.

And this is all my own personal opinion. For now, the Handbook says to do it. Your bishop and stake president are able to obtain and give further guidance if needed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

FWTW, the Handbook has been updated to show Ministering.

We'll have to wait a bit for the new two-hour block to show up. Let's hope it's before the next General Conference. <grin>

Return to “General Discussions”