v3.0 brings many significant enhancements, most of which were driven by user feedback.
Anyone can try it out on the sandbox site at:
You can also watch a short 3 minute video of the new features:
Significant updates include:
- 11 yr old Scouting
- New [Dashboard] report to show group progress
- Ability to edit the date of requirement checkoffs
- Add comments to a specific youth's checkoff/requirement
- Timeline graphs depicting a youth's progress over time
- Ward Administrators can select whether or not youth can see other youth's progress
- Ward Administrators can select whether or not youth can checkoff their own requirements
- [Send Email] tool has been improved to enable the selecting of specific recipients
- Wards can define/create 2 custom fields in the database (i.e. calling, school, cell phone, seminary class, talents, etc)
- Improved interface for printing Duty to God certificates (1-click to print all)
- Greatly enhanced Ward Administrator interface
- Source code completely rewritten from the ground up! (more robust, many miscellaneous enhancements)
- Highest priorities for next release, v4.0: Stake Reports, Faith in God (Primary), Shared Blog
As always, YouthMaster is free to join: http://www.youthmaster.org/help/faq/#join
Some screenshots of the new features...
New graphs, comments, and date changes:
Ward Admins can now bulk import new users:
Enhanced email tool:
As of v3.0 the entire codebase has been rewritten to incorporate many industry standard software development best practices such as unit tests, continuous integration, selenium testing, object-oriented design patterns, etc. The end result is a much more robust foundation and deployment process.