myldsmail.net and DMARC error

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jwilson5153

myldsmail.net and DMARC error

Post by jwilson5153 »

About a week ago we started receiving "554 5.7.5 Permanent error evaluating DMARC policy" for emails sent from a business Gmail to a missionary. Any thoughts about the cause and corrective action?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: myldsmail.net and DMARC error

Post by rmrichesjr »

This is a user-to-user forum and not a channel to contact official support personnel. While you might get an informed answer here, it's likely that going through whatever official support channels are available will get you a faster solution. Is this using a web-based email client? If so, is there a feedback mechanism available? If there is no other help or feedback mechanism visible, using the Feedback link at lds.org would likely get to the appropriate personnel.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jwilson5153 wrote:About a week ago we started receiving "554 5.7.5 Permanent error evaluating DMARC policy" for emails sent from a business Gmail to a missionary. Any thoughts about the cause and corrective action?
I think this is a discussion you need to have with your email administrator or provider. DMARC policy is something your email system (your business Gmail) adds to the email sent so the receiver can figure out if you're real or a spammer. Evidently, the missionary email system can't figure out your DMARC policy.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davestlyon

Post by davestlyon »

I had a similar issue and used the tool at https://dmarcian.com/dmarc-inspector/ to discover that my custom DMARC settings were incomplete. In my case I was missing the p=none portion of it in the DNS TXT record. See here for explanation: https://support.google.com/a/answer/2466563?hl=en

You must have a v and p option specified in your dmarc record. I suspect that since it cropped up all of a sudden that the Church mail servers started enforcing the presence of DMARC policies.

Return to “General Discussions”