Elders Quorum HT Supervisors & Instructors

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Hilohi

Elders Quorum HT Supervisors & Instructors

Post by Hilohi »

I noticed in LCR that the then-EQ HT supervisors are not shown as the EQ ministering supervisors. I also noticed that our EQ instructors are not shown as EQ instructors (there's just a blank screen when I go to the EQ instructors page). Were the EQ HT supervisors and instructors automatically released (like the presidency was) as a result of the recent ward priesthood restructuring?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Elders Quorum HT Supervisors & Instructors

Post by jonesrk »

Yes all callings in the EQ and HP were released.
theglow

Post by theglow »

That's great, but there is also this part:
> (there's just a blank screen when I go to the EQ instructors page)
This is still happening to me. I do not get the choice to add a calling so I can add an instructor. Have other wards gotten around this? Should I be contacting Salt Lake?
theglow

Post by theglow »

Hmm... and after a couple of weeks, and not being there earlier today, it is now there. I do not know how.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

theglow wrote:Have other wards gotten around this?
The Instructor section was not available in our ward, either, because all of the instructors (and everyone else) had been released.

When our first instructor was called, our workaround was to go to the membership list, call up his name, and add the calling there. Once he was in his standard calling, the section started showing up again under the elders quorum organization, and we were able to add additional instructors directly from the Instructors section.
dcpierce9000

Post by dcpierce9000 »

That work-around didn't work for me. When I call up the member's name in the directory there's no option to add a calling there. Is this because I'm the EQP and not in the bishopric?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dcpierce9000 wrote:That work-around didn't work for me. When I call up the member's name in the directory there's no option to add a calling there. Is this because I'm the EQP and not in the bishopric?
You have to go through LCR > Membership > Member List
Select the member and then View Member Profile
Select the Callings/Classes tab and then Add calling at the end of the Member Callings section.

So yes, I'll bet the clerk or one of his assistants will have to do the first one for you. Sometimes I forget what callings I have, sorry.
theglow

Post by theglow »

We were finally able to show the instructors because our EQ president found a "hidden callings" filter and un-checked it. (I was not present, but our EQ secretary saw it and was able to add the callings.)
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

theglow wrote:We were finally able to show the instructors because our EQ president found a "hidden callings" filter and un-checked it. (I was not present, but our EQ secretary saw it and was able to add the callings.)
I believe standard callings are not hidden by default (at least I have never seen that behavior myself) so suspect someone hid them by accident. Once hidden, they stay that way until manually un-hidden. I can show hidden callings by clicking on the Options button right under the organization heading (along with other filters like length in a calling, or not set apart). I am a ward clerk and don't know if EQ presidency has the same access.

Return to “General Discussions”