Bing.com Search of Reverence on LDS.org Returns Search Result With Expletive in Heading

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
kelseybarrett

Bing.com Search of Reverence on LDS.org Returns Search Result With Expletive in Heading

Post by kelseybarrett »

Hey all. This is a strange one. This only happens when searching lds.org from Bing. A google.com search does not return this result.

I would like this to get forwarded to the department at Church headquarters that deals with our (the Church's) Internet presence.
I just have no idea who to send this to. So any help there would be appreciated.

I was preparing a talk on Reverence and did a search for the word 'Reverence' via Bing.com of just the site lds.org (warning:The first search result shows an expletive in the title)

If you'd prefer not to click on the link above, here's an image of what comes up. I've hidden the offensive text.

This also occurs with Bing.com doing a standard Internet search for Reverence. Basically the same result appears, just further down in the results.

I feel like we (the Church) should be able to contact someone at Bing and ask them to remove the offensive result.

Any thoughts on how to get this reported to the appropriate party?

Thanks.

Kelsey
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Bing.com Search of Reverence on LDS.org Returns Search Result With Expletive in Heading

Post by russellhltn »

Odd. I wonder where that's coming from. It's not in the cached copy that I can see.

I'd suggest submitting feedback on the main lds.org page.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Bing.com Search of Reverence on LDS.org Returns Search Result With Expletive in Heading

Post by scgallafent »

We have identified what is causing this and are working to get it resolved. It is an issue with the Bing search index, so it isn't something the Church controls.
kelseybarrett

Post by kelseybarrett »

Good to hear. Hope you can get it resolved.

Return to “General Discussions”