Ward Info on a Blackberry

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

avskip wrote:I don't think everyone is listed on the LUWS. It seems I recall it's possible to ask not to be listed. WardTools works from the MLS data so it would be a more complete database I'd think (if I'm right).
Yes, LUWS will be missing those who have asked to be hidden. But you may find that a data file from a few weeks ago is missing as much, if not more. At least what's in LUWS is current.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

avskip wrote:I don't think everyone is listed on the LUWS. It seems I recall it's possible to ask not to be listed. WardTools works from the MLS data so it would be a more complete database I'd think (if I'm right).

Yes, that is one difference. Another huge difference is that the MLS data contains a lot of detail about membership beyond just a contacts directory, and much of that data is confidential. So tools using that MLS data are appropriate for a handful of leaders, but the LUWS directory data is more appropriate for rank-and-file users.

Return to “General Discussions”