Adding Names to Attendance Rolls

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
kellenpetersen

Adding Names to Attendance Rolls

Post by kellenpetersen »

Is there a way to add a name to the YW roll who is not a member? This YW attends regularly and if her name was printed on the roll her leaders think she would feel more included than when her name is handwritten in the roll.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Adding Names to Attendance Rolls

Post by jdlessley »

kellenpetersen wrote:Is there a way to add a name to the YW roll who is not a member? This YW attends regularly and if her name was printed on the roll her leaders think she would feel more included than when her name is handwritten in the roll.
A nonmember name cannot be added to a roll through the system. This capability was removed several years ago.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

And there really is no reason to add a non-member to an attendance roll, since they would not be counted for the quarterly report. Only members of the young women in your ward should be counted as attending for the quarterly report. Visitors, regardless of membership, are not counted as attending classes -- only Sacrament meeting.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:And there really is no reason to add a non-member to an attendance roll,
Not from a church record keeping viewpoint, but I understand the desire is to help the person feel included when the roll is passed around.

I think the real solution is to not to use printouts from MLS/LCR. As long as the papers use reflect any changes in MLS/LCR, that should work OK.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
munaish

Post by munaish »

I just keep roll for EQ on my tablet (I just write everyone's name down in a new txt file each week, for everyone who is present). So, no one actually sees the roll except me. It makes it easier to do the quarterly report, too, since I don't have to type the names out first. I can just sort them into a big list, remove the duplicates, and find out who on the MLS roll isn't on the list for the weeks needed. They could automate the report, honestly. Make an attendance app, and just have the secretary check the boxes for each person every week; since the church would have the attendance data, the computer could automatically generate who wasn't present for the weeks desired.

It doesn't matter if you mark people present who are visiting or non-members. The MLS roll won't have them anyway when you go to compare the list of everyone with who was present; so, extra stuff on your weekly roll shouldn't interfere with the report.

Of course, not every secretary has or wants to use a tablet. But, it's one way to solve the problem.

Return to “General Discussions”