Used Mac Book Pro with LDS prompt

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: logging in to my lds mail account

Post by lajackson »

kryspin wrote:I bought used MacBook Pro and probably used in lds.org because it is requested to add MDM profile to your DEP server in LDS in the screenshot attachment or how I give you the serial number you are able to remove it;)
If you will speak with your ward clerk, he should be able to contact the Global Service Center for you to request that the device be unlocked.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: logging in to my lds mail account

Post by russellhltn »

There's a possibility that OP is not a member. I think I'd advise him to go back to the seller and ask him/her for more information.

Frankly, I'm a bit surprised by this. Outside of iPads used by general authorities, I'm unaware of Macs being used by the church in a capacity that would have such a thing. I'm wondering if it's some kind of FamilySearch add-on that the prior user installed. If that's the case, I'd go to the Mac tool for uninstalling programs and see if there's anything there that needs to be removed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Used Mac Book Pro with LDS prompt

Post by sbradshaw »

It could have belonged to a Church employee at some point, maybe in the area office.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”