How to find my missionaries from 1980

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
xdxaxvxex

How to find my missionaries from 1980

Post by xdxaxvxex »

is there still a way for the church to help me find the missionaries who taught me- or any suggestions. All I know is they were Sister Randall and Sister Lane and they served in the city of Mason in the Holt Ward in the Lansing Stake in the Michigan Lansing mission in 1980. Nothing on the mission facebook page. A general search won't help because I don't know their first names nor their married names. David Kane
Last edited by russellhltn on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed baptism date/age.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: How to find my missionaries from 1980

Post by sbradshaw »

Is there more than one Facebook group? Often, especially for missions that have been around for a while, missions have multiple Facebook groups started by various people who served with different mission presidents.

If you are able to find out who their mission president was, maybe you could find a way to contact him and see what records he has.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to find my missionaries from 1980

Post by russellhltn »

xdxaxvxex wrote:is there still a way for the church to help me find the missionaries who taught me- or any suggestions.
Officially, no. You'd have to use social media or others who have maintained contact.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”