Assignment to quorums for HT

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
zaneclark

Assignment to quorums for HT

Post by zaneclark »

I'm sure this his been discussed before and I'm sure it is also noted in one of the Handbooks, but I cannot find the answer as to how families are assigned to quorums for HT. I know the bishop has the discretion to make assignments, but is there also a default process based on age, etc.?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Assignment to quorums for HT

Post by lajackson »

zaneclark wrote:I cannot find the answer as to how families are assigned to quorums for HT. . . . is there also a default process based on age, etc.?
By direction of a First Presidency letter many years ago, any elder and his family is assigned to the elders quorum, and anyone who is not an elder, with his or her family, is assigned to the high priests. After that default assignment in the system, you are correct that the bishop can (and should), in counsel with priesthood leaders, review the default assignment and make adjustments.

And no, I do not believe it (the default assignment process) is in the Handbook so you did not miss it there. But the computers had to have somewhere to start, and that is how they do it.
zaneclark

Re: Assignment to quorums for HT

Post by zaneclark »

This happens too often.... After re-reading my query to the group, I get an insight and answer my own question, and that happened in this case. I found the answer in Handbook 2, 7.4.2.

Return to “General Discussions”