Saving a missionaries myldsmail?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
pjeffrey

Saving a missionaries myldsmail?

Post by pjeffrey »

Hi,
I read some posts about how the missionaries myldsmail account will be set up with a new login and password that will allow the emails to be downloaded. Is this still the standard practice? When will the missionary get the new login and password instructions?
Thanks,
tomcatt

Re: Saving a missionaries myldsmail?

Post by tomcatt »

The missionary portal (missionary.lds.org) should have the information you need to transfer your messages to another google email account. I'm not sure if you can copy them to another kind of email account.
If there isn't any help there, you should get help by contacting Global Service Center at 1-801-240-4357 (worldwide) or 1-800-453-3860 ext. 2-4357 (United States and Canada only) or email MLSSupport@ldschurch.org.

You should hurry, though because the myldsmail account can be shut down anytime between 30-90 days after your missionaries release date. You can also try searching the google mail help for the information you need.

I hope this helps!
-Elder Thomas Parker, Colorado Fort Collins Mission

I'm just a regular missionary. 8-)
I love it when the original post's author never says "it worked!" :P
tomcatt

Post by tomcatt »

Also, have you read this (https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22956) other discussion further down the general topic? It has all of the information you need. Great help!

Please reply if you are successful, or if you need additional help so that this discussion can have proper closure.
-Elder Thomas Parker, Colorado Fort Collins Mission

I'm just a regular missionary. 8-)
I love it when the original post's author never says "it worked!" :P
siaosiktupouata

Post by siaosiktupouata »

What if it’s been a couple years? Is it still posible to recover your old missionary emails?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

siaosiktupouata wrote:What if it’s been a couple years? Is it still posible to recover your old missionary emails?
You may try, but from what I have read, anything over about 60 days makes it unlikely that the emails are available to recover. That said, others have been successful after longer periods of time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

siaosiktupouata wrote:What if it’s been a couple years? Is it still posible to recover your old missionary emails?
According to this post, anything beyond 180 days is hopeless.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dbirati

Post by dbirati »

Aloha,

By chance can I recover or access my mission emails please?

Mahalo,

David Birati
NefiPerezReyes

Re: Google drive account

Post by NefiPerezReyes »

I was organizing my documents and photos in the Google Drive account, but I realized yesterday it was closed/locked and this is where I saved all my mission photos!, I really need to open again to download and save on my computer, I didn't expect this and need answers about it, how can I recover everything?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “General Discussions”