Help with another language

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
KarenLTidwell

Help with another language

Postby KarenLTidwell » Sun May 21, 2017 9:14 pm

I have just been given a new member for me to Visit Teach. She doesn't speak English, just Magyar, Hungarian. I don't speak it, so I am trying to find a good app to help me speak with her on the phone, perhaps something to translate for both of us when I visit her. Also, I want to buy her an Ensign in her language. Can any of you help me help her? I know it will be awkward for both of us, but I feel like I would be able to help her, yet know that I need help in that.
Hope you can help us both.
Thanks.

sbradshaw

Re: Help with another language

Postby sbradshaw » Mon May 22, 2017 9:38 am

The Ensign is only published in English – for other languages, there's a smaller magazine called the Liahona that's a combination of the Ensign, New Era, and Friend. You can order a copy or subscription of the Liahona at Store.LDS.org. The Hungarian Liahona is published every other month.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Return to “General Discussions”