List of Missionaries that served from our ward

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
daron

List of Missionaries that served from our ward

Post by daron »

Hi there:

My Bishop would like to create a plaque that list all the missionaries who ever served from our ward; much like the list of Eagle Scouts of the ward. How does one get a list of missionaries, mission, and service dates that departed from a ward? I asked our stake clerk and he didn't know. I sure this information is kept somewhere, but I don't know where or whom to contact. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Daron Baird
Lexington Park ward clerk.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: List of Missionaries that served from our ward

Post by russellhltn »

Does the ward or stake have the historical reports that the ward should have been filing each year?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The Church stores mission country and mission language on members' membership records, but I'm not sure if they keep track of missionaries who served from a given ward. Sometimes missionaries leave from one ward and return to another, which would throw more complication into the mix.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:The Church stores mission country and mission language on members' membership records, but I'm not sure if they keep track of missionaries who served from a given ward. Sometimes missionaries leave from one ward and return to another, which would throw more complication into the mix.
And unless they're still a part of the ward, the OP isn't going to have access to them anyway.

I have my doubts if anyone at CHQ would have the time to run the query needed to pull the information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”