Elder Nelson's 2200 Scripture Challenge

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
mindymcbride

Re: Elder Nelson's 2200 Scripture Challenge

Post by mindymcbride »

I've been searching and searching for someone who has laid out a format for me to follow as I was a bit confused as to how President Nelson did this. Your work has answered my prayer! Thank you so much.
rkmorgan

Post by rkmorgan »

This is fabulous and such a huge help, thank you!! Do you by chance have this sorted by your column "Reference Text"? That would be a big help as well!!
stacyriggs

Post by stacyriggs »

This is amazing! Thank you for your work! I do have one question- In this article President Nielsen shares that he read 2,249 citations. It's in one of the pictures with his handwriting. I'm wondering why the numbers are off.

https://www.lds.org/blog/i-studied-more ... t=2pZepIcT
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

stacyriggs wrote:This is amazing! Thank you for your work! I do have one question- In this article President Nielsen shares that he read 2,249 citations. It's in one of the pictures with his handwriting. I'm wondering why the numbers are off.

https://www.lds.org/blog/i-studied-more ... t=2pZepIcT
Some of the scripture references appear in more than one topical guide entry. cdw3423's list groups things together by reference, so if the same scripture is in multiple topics, it will only be counted once (for the numbers on the left).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
stacyriggs

Post by stacyriggs »

OK, thank you! I've shared your list with friends and they are SO grateful!! Thank you thank you!
benjiboy456

Post by benjiboy456 »

THANK YOU!!
cjkarren

Post by cjkarren »

This is amazing! Thank you!
aaroncmartinez

Post by aaroncmartinez »

This is such a great challenge to take on. If there are any iPhone or iPad users that would like a way to keep track of their progress, here is a free app I made where you can read the verses and track your progress along the way. Let me know if you have any questions. learnofme@sudomail.com

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/learn-o ... 85624?mt=8
saunderssa

Post by saunderssa »

Thank you so much for this. The organization of this Elder Nelson's challenge has been a stumbling block for me and this helps to remove that obstacle. I appreciate you sharing your skills and talents.
CindyMar

Post by CindyMar »

What a marvelous resource! I am thrilled to start the challenge. Thank you for this wonderful study aid.

Return to “General Discussions”