Do You Listen to Podcasts?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.

Do you listen to podcasts?

No
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 37

sf7-p40

Post by sf7-p40 »

i listen to podcast while i clean the house. i made a playlist of several podcasts on my windows media player. i have all the scriptures and the scripture discussions (from byu) in one playlist so that i can listen to it without having to start another podcast when one ends.
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

Please send this poll to your friends too! This one is on the main page of LDSTech.

Podcast Poll
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

McDanielCA wrote:Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

Please send this poll to your friends too! This one is on the main page of LDSTech.

Podcast Poll
I only see a view of the results. In order to vote, I think you need to find the poll on the LDS Tech main page:

http://tech.lds.org/index.php
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mkmurray wrote:I only see a view of the results. In order to vote, I think you need to find the poll on the LDS Tech main page:

http://tech.lds.org/index.php
It's true that the link Cassie supplied will only take you to the results. But you can link directly to this thread (http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2773), and if you haven't voted yet, you can vote right here in the thread. It seems that linking to this thread would be a better link than the LDS Tech main page where so much is going on that it's hard to find the poll.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Alan_Brown wrote:It's true that the link Cassie supplied will only take you to the results. But you can link directly to this thread (http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2773), and if you haven't voted yet, you can vote right here in the thread. It seems that linking to this thread would be a better link than the LDS Tech main page where so much is going on that it's hard to find the poll.
You've given us a link to the thread you just posted in! :)

This is apparently a new poll that only lives on the LDS Tech main page.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mkmurray wrote:You've given us a link to the thread you just posted in! :)

This is apparently a new poll that only lives on the LDS Tech main page.
I'm fully aware that I posted a link to the thread I was posting to. I provided that very useful link because at the top of this thread is the actual poll. It is indeed available in this thread, and not just on the LDS Tech main page.

The reason you thought I was confused is that you have already voted in this poll. Once you have voted, you only see the poll results. But if you have not voted, you will see at the top of the thread something like this, which is indeed useful for the people who might be sent a link to the thread.
poll.PNG
poll.PNG (5.49 KiB) Viewed 973 times
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Alan_Brown wrote:I'm fully aware that I posted a link to the thread I was posting to. I provided that very useful link because at the top of this thread is the actual poll. It is indeed available in this thread, and not just on the LDS Tech main page.

The reason you thought I was confused is that you have already voted in this poll. Once you have voted, you only see the poll results. But if you have not voted, you will see at the top of the thread something like this, which is indeed useful for the people who might be sent a link to the thread.
From the evidence given, I may have assumed something was more obvious than perhaps it really is (or I could be mistaken altogether).

I thought it was clear that for some reason the Church decided they needed to expand or redo the poll, evidenced by the replication of the poll on to the LDS Tech main page. With the new poll, it appears they hope to get a better feel for how often we listen to podcasts, rather than just simply a Yes/No answer. Also, with the main page poll, I believe they are able to reach non-registered users of the site?

My comments have been the way they've been, because I've been running under the assumption that this new main page poll replaces this older thread poll.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mkmurray wrote:From the evidence given, I may have assumed something was more obvious than perhaps it really is (or I could be mistaken altogether).

I thought it was clear that for some reason the Church decided they needed to expand or redo the poll, evidenced by the replication of the poll on to the LDS Tech main page. With the new poll, it appears they hope to get a better feel for how often we listen to podcasts, rather than just simply a Yes/No answer. Also, with the main page poll, I believe they are able to reach non-registered users of the site?

My comments have been the way they've been, because I've been running under the assumption that this new main page poll replaces this older thread poll.
Okay, I can see that the poll on the home page is different. Cassie's post today didn't really make it clear that the home page poll was a totally new poll. In the past, we have had the current poll appear both on the home page and on a forum thread. I'm not sure why that was not done in this case.
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

Mike is right, Sorry I wasn't more clear about the reasoning behind posting a similar poll on the main page. We want to reach more people than just registered users of this forum and see what frequency they might listen to podcasts.

The original poll in the forum spurred me to take it one step further, instead of merely duplicating it.
carstenbn

Post by carstenbn »

I use podcasts now and then, rarely really. It's great that such a thing is possible and I did run into something worth listening to, like RBTL and various tutorial podcasts. In general I haven't really found anything informative enough for me to bother turning off my music while sitting at the PC. Besides, when at the PC I'm usually doing something and so would like to concentrate on that rather than someone else's thoughts, opinions or clarifications, etc.

I'm probably being really demanding. If a search for certain content leads me to a podcast then sure, I'll get it, but somehow being a steady subscriber of anything seems unrealistic.

Return to “General Discussions”