Family History Resource File 1880 CD-Rom Library

rparker1943

Family History Resource File 1880 CD-Rom Library

Post by rparker1943 »

1880 United States Census and National Index CD Rom set by LDS Family Resource File CD-Rom Library:
The Reader will install but not run I keep getting errors.
Can anyone tell me how to open and use this wonderful resource. I have a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit operating system on a Dell XPS desktop. I tried installing it and telling the system to open it as if it was Win XP but this did not work I just can not use it at this point and the LDS tells me they are no longer supporting their product. HELP!! :roll:
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Family History Resource File 1880 CD-Rom Library

Post by russellhltn »

I believe all that information is now on-line at FamilySearch. That's why the church is no longer supporting that program.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rparker1943

Post by rparker1943 »

I know the 1880 census is there but not nearly as good as this is for detailed searches.. Good but no cigar
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I do know the program is old, so it may be 16-bit. 16-bit programs will not run under any 64-bit Windows.

I believe Windows 7 Pro does have the ability to install "XP Mode" which is a virtual Windows XP system. You'd have to get that running and install the software under that program. (Or find a 32-bit machine somewhere to run it on.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “FamilySearch Products”