church handbook of instructions

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
farwest
Member
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:16 pm
Location: southern utah

church handbook of instructions

Postby farwest » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Is there an online version of the handbook of instructions for stake presidencies and ward bishoprics? This would make it easier to assemble a training meeting where you could copy and paste the items you wanted out of the handbook into a document.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:56 pm

farwest wrote:Is there an online version of the handbook of instructions for stake presidencies and ward bishoprics? This would make it easier to assemble a training meeting where you could copy and paste the items you wanted out of the handbook into a document.


No, the Church has not made the Handbook available in any electronic form.

User avatar
marianomarini
Senior Member
Posts: 594
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:13 am
Location: Vicenza. Italy
Contact:

Postby marianomarini » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:21 am

I think this is for security reasons. Easy to copy, modify and past.
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).

dmaynes
Member
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:50 am
Location: Pleasant Grove, Utah

Postby dmaynes » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:59 pm

Alan_Brown wrote:No, the Church has not made the Handbook available in any electronic form.


Is there a procedure for reporting when a copy of the Handbook shows up on the Internet? I assume the legal department would want to protect the copyrighted material. I just saw a scanned version of Book 1. It was supposedly posted on January 3. Is there someone or somewhere to whom I should send the URL?

Thanks,
Dennis

LakeyTW
Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:29 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

Postby LakeyTW » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:35 pm

dmaynes wrote:Is there a procedure for reporting when a copy of the Handbook shows up on the Internet? I assume the legal department would want to protect the copyrighted material. I just saw a scanned version of Book 1. It was supposedly posted on January 3. Is there someone or somewhere to whom I should send the URL?

Thanks,
Dennis


Send me a private message and I will make sure it gets reported.

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 6526
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Postby jdlessley » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:44 pm

dmaynes wrote:Is there a procedure for reporting when a copy of the Handbook shows up on the Internet? I assume the legal department would want to protect the copyrighted material. I just saw a scanned version of Book 1. It was supposedly posted on January 3. Is there someone or somewhere to whom I should send the URL?
Yes there is.

For further assistance or information regarding Church copyrighted materials, you may contact the Church's Intellectual Property Office at:
Phone: 801-240-3959 or 1-800-453-3860, ext. 2-3959
Fax: 801-240-1187
E-Mail: cor-intellectualproperty@ldschurch.org.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

dmaynes
Member
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:50 am
Location: Pleasant Grove, Utah

Postby dmaynes » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:06 am

jdlessley wrote:Yes there is.

For further assistance or information regarding Church copyrighted materials, you may contact the Church's Intellectual Property Office at:
Phone: 801-240-3959 or 1-800-453-3860, ext. 2-3959
Fax: 801-240-1187
E-Mail: cor-intellectualproperty@ldschurch.org.


Thank you for the reply. I guess I should have searched on the Church's website. For others who may read this thread, the above information came from this webpage:

Rights and Use Information


http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=897f8a4948743010VgnVCM1000001f5e340aRCRD


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest