Ward Program

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
merlinherk

Ward Program

Post by merlinherk »

I am using LDS Prints by Inspire Graphics to do the weekly program and any other posts we need. But as the updates to Windows keep coming I am getting more errors from my other old software and I fear that soon it will not run at all.

What are some other programs people use for their wards?

Can just use Word if needed but hope there better out there
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Ward Program

Post by sbradshaw »

I've never heard of LDS Prints. I can't find a lot of info about it online, but it sounds interesting.

I use Microsoft Word. Some have mentioned here on the forum that they've found Google Docs great for preparing programs, because it makes collaboration and sharing easy. Unfortunately, there are still a few features that Google Docs doesn't support yet that in my opinion don't quite allow it to match up from a design perspective. The biggest for me is the lack of tabs with leader dots (.............). You could use a Google spreadsheet for gathering information, then plug everything in in Word or Open Office / Libre Office.

If you're more tech-savvy you could try setting up a program that will generate the program for you, but whatever you use should be simple enough that you can pass it along to the next person with a calling to prepare programs without them feeling overwhelmed.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
merlinherk

Re: Ward Program

Post by merlinherk »

It is very old on its last legs really can't even find a copy of it anywhere online so the old cd I have is my final safety net.
It has features that if you add a hymn to a ward program (or baptism flyer I do both) all you need is Hymn number and song auto-fills, only works for main hymn book so have to go online for primary.
Never used it for anything but english so idk if other languages even supported.
It came with a big selection of fonts, GIFs for cover art (but I added more) and several other features let me do ward program and groups flyers very easy. When Windows updates to it being outdated I really want to find anything to replace it.
Here are 2 pictures of it
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5cKVR ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5cKVR ... sp=sharing

Return to “General Discussions”