Error in Jesus the Christ

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
arosswhit

Error in Jesus the Christ

Post by arosswhit »

Hello!

Sending feedback from the lds.org website failed for me, as it would not send the message.

I am reading Jesus the Christ again for the 4th or so time, and chapter 22 has a spelling error that needs fixing.

In the 22nd chapter, the 11th paragraph says:

The woman, with importunate desire came near, possibly entering the house; she fell at the Lord’s feet and worshiped Him, pleading pitifully, “Lord, help me.” To her Jesus said, “It is not meet to take the children’s bread, and to cast it to dogs.” The words, harsh as they may sound to us, were understood by her in the spirit of the Lord’s intent. The original term here translated “dogs” connoted, as the narrative shows, not the vagrant and despised curse elsewhere spoken of in the Bible as typical of a degraded state, or of positive badness, but literally the “little dogs” or domestic pets, such as were allowed in the house and under the table....

The word 'curse' should be 'curs', (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cur)

Hopefully this message will be seen by the person who needs to see it.

Thanks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Error in Jesus the Christ

Post by lajackson »

arosswhit wrote:Hopefully this message will be seen by the person who needs to see it.
Thank you for your observant post. Unfortunately, the content folks who need to see this do not frequent the Forum.

Since you were not able to submit Feedback through LDS.org (the best way), you might try submitting feedback through your mobile device using Gospel Library, if you use it. The same discrepancy appears there.

In the meantime, I will try to do the same this evening using one of these two methods. Either will get this item to the right people who prepare the content for both the online website and mobile devices.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Error in Jesus the Christ

Post by lajackson »

As promised, I have sent feedback directly to LDS.org and also through the Android Gospel Library help system.

Return to “General Discussions”